SERVICES PROVIDED FOR CONSUMERS
Southwest Industries is open from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. It is wheelchair accessible, and special jigs can be devised for consumers with physical handicaps. The following services are provided:
* Individual functional needs assessment
* Social and work adjustment programs
* Individual counseling
* Group counseling
* Activities of daily living instruction
* Academic instruction
* Periodic progress reports and individual program plans
* Interpreters for Spanish speaking and hearing impaired consumers
* Recreational and social activities sponsored by The Arc-South Bay
WORK SKILLS TAUGHT
Consumers may learn the following work skills: operation of L-sealer, drill press, pressure sealer, skin-pak, and small hand tools, warehouse training, assembly, packaging, inspection, labeling, stickering, sorting, collating.
Both departments of Southwest Industries are fully accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) and are licensed by the Department of Rehabilitation, State of California.